Your membership or donation will help us continue to preserve Halifax County's history.
The Halifax County Historical Society invites you to become a member for 2017-2018.
The Society’s mission is to bring together those people interested in preserving historical facts, artifacts, and structures of Halifax County, Virginia.
- proposes to acquire significant historical information and disseminate it to the public.
- proposes to ensure the preservation of materials collected.
- will provide guidance to ensure preservation of records, archives, and structures.
- exists to interpret, collect, and make available evidence of the past, and to provide leadership on furthering knowledge and appreciation of the history of Halifax County, Virginia
- the Bulletin, a publication of historical articles and information on Halifax County, Virginia.
- lectures and activities relating to history and preservation.
- annual meeting of membership.
- discounts on certain publications.
Please consider a donation, remembering no gift is too small.
The Society asks those who believe in preservation of historic structures to help support our efforts; please remember small donations add up. Your donation may be sent to the Halifax County Historical Society, P. O. Box 601, South Boston, Virginia 24592. For more information contact Barbara Bass at 434-579-0083 or at email@example.com.